Church of Hagios Dimitrios Loubardiaris
Churches and Monasteries/Churches and Monasteries
One-aisle arched basilica, near the Pnyx and the Philopappos Monument. The initial building dates back to the 9th century but there were many interventions during the Ottoman occupation. The church was restored in 1955 by the architect D. Pikionis who decorated the external walls with geometrical shapes made of clay and marble. The restoration works revealed worn post-Byzantine murals. The chapel is under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Athens. The Areopagus, where the Apostle Paul spoke to the Athenians, is 500 meters on the way to the Acropolis, at its NW side. The church is under the jurisdiction of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens.
With Athens Spotlighted Card
Disclaimer The indication of the Athens Spotlighted card should be done UPON the order so that the discount
could be issued on the final check. The card is valid for 8 people, 7 days a week. Athens Spotlighted
discount is not applicable to parties of more than eight people and may not be used in conjunction with
any other offer or discount.