Monastery of Hagios Ioannis Kynigos (the Hunter)
Churches and Monasteries/Churches and Monasteries
The Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Hymettus and was most probably founded in 1185. It was initially called Monastery of the Philosophers. From the old Monastery only the Byzantine Katholikon is preserved as well as the addition made later during the Turkish Occupation. It took its name from the abbot Loukas, the so-called the Hunter, who, according to some, was its founder. The Monastery is under the jurisdiction of the Holy Metropolis of Mesogaia and Lavreotiki.
With Athens Spotlighted Card
Disclaimer The indication of the Athens Spotlighted card should be done UPON the order so that the discount
could be issued on the final check. The card is valid for 8 people, 7 days a week. Athens Spotlighted
discount is not applicable to parties of more than eight people and may not be used in conjunction with
any other offer or discount.